Experience Working in Conservation with Polk SWCD this Summer!
The Polk Soil & Water Conservation District is happy to announce we are hiring for a 2021 summer intern! The intern will have a unique opportunity to learn and explore agricultural and urban conservation by working with our staff and partners on projects throughout Polk County and the greater Des Moines Metro area. We have many exciting projects we are currently working on that will give an intern experience in community outreach and environmental education, green infrastructure, NRCS programs and agricultural conservation practices, and more. While we have specific projects in mind for our intern, we also have the opportunity to cater experiences to the chosen intern's skills and interest areas. See below for more details and a full position description.
- Employment Term: 480 hours (40 hr/week up to 12 weeks duration)
- Education/Qualifications: Must be enrolled in college or a recent graduate majoring in a field of study related to agriculture, communications, marketing, environmental sciences, conservation, natural resources, urban planning, public relations, or environmental education.
- Location: Ankeny, Iowa. Remote work is possible, but you will need to be able to participate in field work and will be expected to be in the office when needed.
- Opening Date: February 22, 2021
- Closing Date: March 12, 2021
- Wage: $12.50/hour